Prada S.p.A., with its registered office in Milan (Italy), the operating holding company of the PRADA Group (defined below), together with its subsidiary PRADA Canada Corp., 131 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1R1 (Canada), (collectively, “PRADA”) is committed to protecting the Personal Data (defined below) that you share with us, and explaining how we collect, process, and disclose that information.
By “Personal Data,” we mean information that identifies or can identify you personally.
By “PRADA Group” we mean Prada S.p.A. and its subsidiaries and/or affiliates, including but not limited to PRADA Canada Corp.
1. Scope and information that this Privacy Statement covers
This Privacy Statement applies to the Personal Data collected on the website www.prada.com/ca/en.html (the “Website”) and any mobile applications, cloud-based services, controlled widgets embedded in communication platforms or other locations where this statement is located or referenced, as well as data collected by phone, email, incoming text message and/or in-person at our stores operated by PRADA Canada Corp. when you interact with our Client Service team or sale staff, you purchase our products or use our services.
This privacy statement does not cover any products or services you may use provided by companies other than PRADA acting on their own behalf.
This Website and any “Pay By Link” links we send to you to conduct any sales including any distant sales may contain links or references to other web pages to which this privacy statement does not apply. We encourage you to read the privacy statement or policy of every web page you visit.
By using this Website or voluntarily providing personal information to us, you signify your acceptance of this privacy statement and give us your consent to process and use the data in accordance with the practices set forth in this statement. If you do not agree with this statement, please do not use the Website or provide us with any personal information.
2. Type and source of data
We may receive and collect Personal Data that you actively submit as well as data that we passively track.
Actively Submitted Data: You may provide us with information when you: (i) purchase products through our Website, (ii) place a distant sales order or purchase products in our stores (iii) use other functionalities available on the Website (for example: to subscribe to our newsletter, to send a request to our Client Service, to book an appointment in the store, to connect or interact with us through social networks, etc.), (iv) choose to register into the PRADA Group customer database (e.g. by creating an account online or by completing our customer card) to be provided with a personalised and tailored customer experience and exclusive services and benefits reserved to registered members; (v) interact with our Client Service team and/or sales staff or (vi) otherwise use our services.
In each such instances, you will know what data we collect, because you actively submit it.
Depending on what you provide us with, such data may include your first and last name, title, country, birthdate, email address(es), billing address(es), delivery address(es), telephone number(s), credit card information, details of purchases, and/or any other information regarding you that you may decide to provide during the interactions with our Client Service or with sales staff.
If you call our Client Service team or our Client Service team contacts you with the details you have provided to us, please note that calls may be recorded for quality assurance and record-keeping purposes. In such instance, you will be informed of this before the recording starts.
In addition, we may also obtain information about you as a result of authentication or identity checks (for example, you will be asked to present your identity document when you pick up your purchase in-store). PRADA uses this information to identify you as a customer, to process your order, to deliver products and services and/or to process payments.
Data Collected from third parties: We may collect personal information from third parties (such as fraud detection and prevention service providers) or from public sources (such as government watch lists) to meet legal and regulatory requirements and for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
Moreover, if you decide to register to the Website through the social login function, please be informed that PRADA will have access to the Personal Data of your social account (for example, your email address and your public profile) in accordance with the privacy settings of the applicable social media platform. For more information, please refer to the related privacy statements on the applicable social media platform; PRADA does not oversee or control such social media services or user profiles on these platforms and does not establish privacy settings or rules regarding how Personal Data is used on such platforms.
Combinations: We may combine passively collected data with data that you actively submit so as to, for instance, provide better service to Website visitors, customize the Website based on your preferences, compile and analyze statistics and trends, to otherwise administer and improve the Website for your use, and to personalize offers (for example, combined information may allow us to recommend products to you based on what you have liked in the past). We may combine information collected on the Website with information collected by phone, email or incoming text message or from the in-store experience in order to provide a service customized to your needs. We may also combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Website and/or information we get from third parties with Personal Data we already have about you.
You must be at least 16 years old (or older depending on your province/territory/state of residence) in order to provide us with Personal Data.
We therefore ask you not to provide us with Personal Data of persons who do not meet this requirement.
If we have actual knowledge that a minor has provided their Personal Data, we will disable the minor’s Personal Data in our systems.
3. Purposes and legal bases of the processing
Depending on the context, your Personal Data may be processed and used for the following purposes:
(a) to provide you with products, services and information you request from us, communicate with you and manage your relationship with PRADA;
(b) to process or fulfil your online purchase orders and/or distant, in-person or other sales and perform all management activities connected with them (including administrative management of the contract, delivery of goods, payment processing, invoicing, management of any products exchanges and returns, handling of any claims and litigation, and fraud prevention), and to comply with any applicable legal or regulatory obligations.
(c) to provide you with post-sale services (including product warranty and repairs service);
(d) to send by email the newsletters and other marketing communication regarding the “Prada” brand and other PRADA Group’s products, services, initiatives and events as a result of your subscription to the service.
Furthermore, if you register to the PRADA Group customer database (e.g. as a result of your registration to the Website or your completion of the Customer Card) your Personal Data will be managed by Prada S.p.A. and shared with all PRADA Group stores globally, and may be processed, together with the details of your purchases online, in stores and other sales, for the following purposes:
(e) to manage your personal account, to confirm your identity as a registered PRADA Group customer and, consequently, to provide a customized global customer service and post-sales service and allow you to access exclusive services and benefits reserved for registered members (e.g.: preservation of your purchase order history, faster online checkout, simplified procedures for product repair and warranty, invitations to events, pre-sale and other promotional initiatives and special projects, etc.);
(f) to offer you a personalized and tailored experience with regards to your preferences for “Prada” and the other brands, products, and services of the Prada Group, including by performing statistics, market research and surveys, and/or;
(g) to contact you and/or send you (by telephone, e-mail and any other form of electronic communication or digital means including social network platforms and other instant messaging applications) information and promotions, including commercial information, newsletters, direct marketing material, advertising and catalogues concerning “Prada” and other brands, products and services of the PRADA Group.
We collect and use your Personal Data based on one or many of the legal basis provided for by the applicable data protection laws, including:
- the processing is necessary in connection with any contract between PRADA and you (for example, when you make a purchase) or for the taking of pre-contractual steps at your request;
- we have obtained your prior consent (for example, when you opt-in to receive our marketing communications). Please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, by sending an email to email@example.com, or by using the “unsubscribe” link included in all of our commercial electronic communications, and/or by using any other appropriate procedures which may be made available to you by PRADA (e.g. by logging into your online account);
- we have to process your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
4. Commercial communications (opt-in/out)
Canadian anti-spam legislation may require us to obtain your express consent (usually obtained by ticking a specific box in a form) to send you certain types of messages known as commercial electronic messages (including marketing/promotional messages) electronically. Where we are required to obtain your express consent, we will not send you commercial electronic messages unless you have provided such consent.
You may revoke your consent to our collection and use of your personal data and modify your communication preferences and/or opt-out from specific electronic communications at any time free of charge by notifying us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking “unsubscribe” in an electronic message and/or by using any other appropriate procedures which may be made available to you by PRADA (e.g. by logging into your online account).
In accordance with Canadian legal requirements, your unsubscribe request will be processed within 10 business days of receipt.
5. Security of data processing
Your Personal Data will be processed by suitable electronic or automated means and computerized tools, or manually and on hard copy, exclusively for the purposes for which they have been collected and according to criteria of lawfulness and correctness and protecting the security and confidentiality of Personal Data through the adoption of appropriate measures to prevent loss, alteration, cancellation, destruction, unauthorized access or not allowed processing or not in accordance with the purpose of collection. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system is guaranteed to be 100% secure. In this regard, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Data while you are on the Internet. At a minimum, we encourage you to make sure that you are using a secure browser as you surf the Internet.
6. Transfer and disclosure of data
We do not share your Personal Data with others, except as follows:
- We may disclose your information to departments of other PRADA Group companies that are in charge of customer relationship, retail, e-commerce, communication, legal affairs, finance, internal audit, IT management and security for the purposes set out in this privacy statement and to provide you with a consistent level of service across all PRADA Group companies. This may include providing you with the products and services that you have requested, improving the service provided, performing research and analysis and sending advertising or promotional communications subject to applicable requirements of Canadian anti-spam legislation as detailed in section 4 above.
- Please also note that if you agree to register on the PRADA Group customer database for the purposes referred to in sections 2, letters (e)-(g), your Personal Data will be securely shared with all PRADA Group stores globally to provide you with the same quality of service wherever you choose to interact with us around the world (i.e. when you travel and purchase our products or visit our stores). PRADA will take all appropriate security and confidentiality measures as required by applicable legislation to ensure an adequate standard of data protection.
Click here to see the PRADA Group retail and affiliated companies and the jurisdictions in which we operate.
- We also grant access to your information to unaffiliated service providers and third parties that process or maintain data on our behalf, including, without limitation, website hosting service providers, payment processors, freight forwarders, carriers, and such individuals or companies that conduct, manage or otherwise handle our marketing and promotional campaigns. Such third parties are subject to strict confidentiality obligations and may access and use your information only in accordance with our instructions and not for their own purposes.
- We may also share your information to respond to law enforcement requests, court orders or other legal process or if we believe that such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent or respond to illegal activities, fraud, physical threats to you or others or as otherwise required by any applicable law or regulation.
- Finally, we may share or transfer your information and any consent you may have provided to use your information, in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business.
As PRADA is part of an international network, our disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Statement may involve the transfer of your personal information outside of Canada.
7. Retention period
Your Personal Data will be processed and stored for: (a) as long as required to carry out the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected; (b) in accordance with the storage periods required by applicable laws; or (c) until you revoke your consent to the processing/storage of your Personal Data, if applicable. After the conclusion of such period(s), and where there is no legal or business purpose for retaining your Personal Data, it will be automatically and permanently erased, or made anonymous.
In particular, regarding the data processing of registered members into the PRADA Group customer database:
- Personal Data of your membership account are kept for a period of 7 years from the date of your last interaction with the PRADA Group, or otherwise until you withdraw from or cancel your registration in the PRADA Group customer data base; and
- Purchase details are kept for a period of 7 years from the date of purchase.
8. Your Rights
Please note that you may exercise the rights under the applicable privacy laws, which may include the right to request information as to whether your Personal Data is being processed and as to the characteristics of the processing, the right to rectification, updating and erasure of your Personal Data.
When the processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent, you may at any time decide to withdraw it, without charge. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
9. Data controllers and contacts
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or to request this Privacy Statement in another format, please contact us at:
PRADA Canada Corp.
131 Bloor Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1R1, Canada
Via Antonio Fogazzaro 28, Milan (Italy)
Group Data Protection Officer
e-mail address: email@example.com
10. Effected date, Amendments
The Privacy Statement is currently in force is the one published on our Website.
We reserve the right to amend it from time to time and if we change it materially, we will post a revised version on the Website and obtain your consent if required by applicable law. Please check back periodically, and especially before you provide any personally identifiable information to us.
Last updated: April 20th, 2023